Monday, October 15, 2012

Left for Dead on the Road of Love

Maxed out my credit cards on my last day. Bought supplies.

Supplies include:
  • one pair of noise-cancelling headphones
  • one iPod Touch with extended battery and a playlist of white noise
  • one old-style cassette walkman, in case iPod fails
  • one rugged laptop (Panasonic ToughBook 52) with wifi capabilities
  • twenty road flares
  • several bottles of liquor and rags, easily converted to molotov cocktails
  • one propane torch (I made sure to keep this hidden away)
  • several plastic lighters and boxes of matches
  • food, water, et cetera

Was I ready? Hell no. Not even close. But I had to go, I couldn't stay any longer.

Bus is here. Time to move on.

3 comments:

  1. I love the music references, if you were female, I'd marry you.

    Sad your running From the choir. I hope they don't do what the do to Thomas to you.

    Lyron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who says I'm not female? I mean, I wouldn't marry you anyway, since I like my men sane, but still. You shouldn't judge people by the pseudonyms they pick.

      ...okay, "Wayward Son" does sound male, I'll give you that. But I'm a rock enthusiast on the run. What else should I have chosen?

      Delete
    2. "I wouldn't marry you anyway, since I like my men sane, but still."

      My heart, it bleeds! When has Lyron ever sounded like a males name? Ok, I was sharing an account with a man with a declining metal health, but really, I sign my comments for a reason!

      Besides, you could have chosen many things.

      Delete