Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bridge Over Troubled Water

It's not easy, trying to communicate without talking. Kenny and I have exchanged perhaps a dozen words today. I ended up writing most of the messages to him in a notebook. And then I asked him where exactly we were going - and he told me it was to the temporary abode of Lyron.

I then asked him to write it out again, since I was sure the Choir was messing up his note. Because the only Lyron I knew about was a servant to the Fears. Wait, hold on, she's only a "scribe" for the Fears. But let me just quote something from her introduction:
Hello commenters [sic] and let us pray that I never have to meet anyone of you else I might be made to kill you or something... And we all know we don't want that.

Yes, that's right, we're going to the home of a person who might kill us. Frankly, I called Kenny crazy and nearly asked the bus driver to stop so I could get off.

Kenny managed to stop me from doing that. He didn't say anything (because, frankly, I wouldn't and couldn't listen), all he did was look down in subtle resignation. And I knew: he didn't think this was a good idea either. Then why?

He wrote one word in my notebook and made it all clear: information.

He's going there because he wants information on the other Fears. Because once you're in this world, the best chance to survive is to know as much as you can in order to avoid what you can.

So I'm staying. Because I'd like some information, too. And if Lyron does try to kill us, well, I still have a few tricks I haven't revealed on this blog.

So let's do this thing.

6 comments:

  1. Well she seems harmless enough. And odds are she's probably a walking Dimensional Patch. So if things get hairy...there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually scratch that Dimensional Patch remark. You wouldn't be able to get close to her if that were the case.

      Maybe.

      Delete
  2. She seems like a wimp.

    You could take her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I didn't bring a gun or any poisons nor plan on using them. Just don't get me mad and we are fine, otherwise when you wake up to, you will open your door and meet the City.

    I had to do that to Emily when she gets bitchy, and might do it out of habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I was in the States... Then you wouldn't have to visit a Servant for information.

    Be careful. And though this might make her mad, give Lyron a slap on the head from me. I expected to hear back from her by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning ahead, all I can tell.

    -Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete