Tuesday, October 23, 2012

See My Friends


Good news: I can sleep in a real bed tonight, care of my traveling companion for the moment.

I had stepped off a bus and was wondering if I should take my chance here at finding a place to sleep or take another bus to another bus stop, when I saw that someone was trying to talk to me. I told him to piss off.

Instead of doing that (as a sensible person would), he instead said something else. And it looked as if he has said the word 'running,' so I finally pulled down my headphones and said, "What?"

"I said, 'Are you running from something?'"

I looked at him. He looked young, maybe nineteen or twenty perhaps. His face was thin, with a faded x-shaped cut on it, and he had brown shaggy hair. The one thing that struck me, however, was that he was holding a wooden staff. And there was only one person I knew who owned a staff, let alone walked around with one: the Wanderer (or Kenny, I guess I should call him).

After our awkward introductions (my fault, I guess, for picking a masculine sounding name), he said that he knew a place where I could stay.

I weighed my options - stay here and possibly sleep in another parking garage or trust another runner and sleep in a real bed? Well, since I'm currently on a bus on the way to the Wanderer's friend's house, you can guess which option I chose.

I'm a little nervous, I'll admit. It's been a while since I've really been around people - stayed around people, that is. I tend to keep in my own little world. I'm not really at being social.

But I can try, if it means sleeping inside, where it's warm.

7 comments:

  1. You have to let someone in. I know how hard it can be to trust people even when you don't have the choir distorting everything you hear (and in some cases I've heard of see). But if you don't have a few friends then Little Boy Blue will come by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just what I need: something to make the nights even colder.

      Delete
    2. You will be fine with Kenny. I am sure you both could teach each other a few tricks and tell each other some tips.

      Among other stuff.

      That and being alone doesn't attract just Frosty, sometimes the others prefer an easier chase.

      Delete
    3. Agreed with Lyron, you're in good company with Kenny. The kid has gotten a hell of a lot stronger since he first showed up at my place.

      Delete
    4. "Among other stuff?" What exactly is that supposed to mean?

      Delete
    5. Oh you know, having to aviod servants and Fears and maybe even go on advanture before you arrive.


      Or plan you little fight plans since you don't trust me. I do hope that you have plans if you don't trust me. You want to live, right?

      Delete
  2. "Advantage in numbers" someone once said, but does it really apply to our tall friend? It's not the matter of trust, it's the matter of a fact that people tend to die out a lot more faster in groups, weather it's the outcome of one of the parties own members, or third parties.

    Not to mention both of your fears are getting attracted onto one place, thought, that might not be such a bad idea, who knows how these fears will react to each other. If luck is on your side, they will attack each other, but if not, well you will have one heck of a fun night.

    -Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete